Programme of the Meeting
- Visit to La Rectoria de Sant Pere de Vilamajor. Meeting with artists at work there.
- Plenary meeting at la Sala del Ajuntament of Sant Pere.
- Brief presentation of all the centres.
- Montse Badia and Elisenda Flos presented a brief resume of their research project “Spaces and Creation”, with particular reference to the residential arts centres they visited and their recommendations to the Spanish and Catalan cultural agencies.
- Exchange and interconnections: centres international project for 1994-1995; other possibilities of exchange; project in need of partners.
- Joint projects: possibility of publishing an annual or bi-annual newsletter to which all the member centres might contribute.
- Funding sources: possibility of presenting a joint project/funding proposal; Kaleidoscope funding from the E.U. for the expansion of the network; working with the Soros Foundation to make collaborative projects with Eastern Europe.
- The structure of the network.
- Visit to La Nau in Sabadell, site of the proposed residential arts centre being promoted by the Regidoria de Cultura of the City of Sabadell. Presentation of the project by Maia Creus and her team.
- Meeting with artists and others associated with the Sabadell project.
- Round table discussion on the differences between town-or-city-based centres and centres which are located in rural places.
- The relationship between a residential arts centre and its local community.
- Closing remarks by the President of the Network, Michael Haerdter.
List of Participants
Sabine Schebrak, Nali Kukelka, WUK (Austria)
Emmanuelle de Montgazon, Association Française D’Action Artistique (France)
Jean-Philippe Vienne, Dennis Vallet, Villa Arson (France)
Gérard Laval, Les Ateliers Des Arques (France)
Raj Isar, Giusi Daniele, UNESCO
Jean-Baptiste Joly, Werner Irro, Marianne Roth, Akademie Schloss Solitude (Germany)
Anke Bräuler, Martin Kausche, Eckard Wesche, Atelierhaus Worpswede (Germany)
Michael Haerdter, Christoph Tannert, Christina Sickert, Künstlerhaus Bethanien (Germany)
Doris Sossenheimer, Künstlerhaus Schloss Wiepersdorf (Germany)
Peter Legemann, Kathrin Tiedemann, Arthur Kuggelyn, Schloss Bröllin (Germany)
Udo Rathke, Schloss Plüschow (Germany)
O.P. Jain, Sanskriti Pratishthan Foundation (India)
Bernard Louhglin, Mary Rogan-Loughlin, Regina Doyle, Marion Gentilhomme, The Tyrone Guthrie Centre at Annaghmakerrig (Ireland)
Bill Smart, Craig Pleasants, Virginia Center For The Creative Arts (USA)
Gordon Knox, Civitella Ranieri Center (Italy)
Xavier Toubes, Europees Keramisch Werkcentrum (The Netherlands)
Laurens Schumacher, Jan Van Eyck Akademie (The Netherlands)
Janwillem Schrofer, Els van Odijk, Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten (The Netherlands)
Teresa Salvador, Blau Vert (Spain)
Lluis Llobet, Cesca Jaulavert, Centre D’Art I Natura De Farrera De Pallars (Spain)
Dolors Ros, Escola De Ceramica I Centre D’Artesania De La Bisbal (Spain)
Jordi Pedrosa, La Nau De Sabadell (Spain)
Josep Plandiura, Josep Poch, La Rectoria Centre D’Art Contemporani (Spain)
Valentí Figueras, Carles Marco, M.A.M.A. (Multimedia Agency Mental Art) (Spain)
Henry F. Levy, Hanneke Frühauf, Stiftung Binz 39 (Switzerland)
Katalin Nagy, Textronic (Hungary)
William Payne, Atholl Hill, The Patrick Allan-Fraser of Hospitalfield Trust (United Kigdom)